New windows will make a big difference in how your home looks from the outside, and how it feels from the inside. Plus, with heating and cooling bills constantly on the rise, updated windows can deliver a new level of efficiency and cost savings. With many different window styles and types available, it’s easy for homeowners to have trouble deciding what is best for their homes. Husker Hammer has been an Omaha windows installer for several years and we would love to help you choose new windows for your home.
- The awning style is hinged on top and open outward, enabling ventilation without letting in rain or falling leaves.
Screens are on the outside of the window.
- In the single-hung window, the bottom sash moves up to open and allow in air flow, while the top sash is fixed. They are ideal for rooms facing walkways, porches or patios.
- Always-popular double-hung styles can be operated from the bottom or top sash, sliding up and down for ventilation. This style is also ideal for rooms facing walkways, porches or patios.
- Our casement option is hinged at the side and opens outward like a door. Because it has no rail, it looks like a picture window. A casement style with a crank works well over a sink, countertop or appliance.
- Picture windows do not open, and are usually installed at difficult-to-reach places in order to let in light. This style is ideal for an unobstructed view where ventilation is not a concern, or in areas susceptible to drafts.
- Horizontal slider styles open with the sash sliding left or right. This style is a favorite for homes with a more contemporary design, while also satisfying bedroom egress requirements.
- Wood offers aesthetic beauty, warmth and energy efficiency, especially when paired with aluminum-clad protective exterior finish.
- High performing and low maintenance, fiberglass options are durable and efficient, while offering the look of painted wood.
- Strong, durable and affordable, our vinyl styles won’t require painting, staining or refinishing.
Call Husker Hammer Today
There are many things to consider when buying windows. If you need assistance in picking windows, Omaha windows installer Husker Hammer has been serving the area since 1998. Stop in to our interactive showroom to learn as much as you would like about any of the products we offer. Check back with us often as we continue to tell you more about our company, our team, our products and our mission that drives us each and every day.